Saturday, March 8, 2014

Help promote good clean books!


I love to read. Growing up my mom would read books aloud to us. Then my older sister would read to me, then I would read to my younger sister and then she began reading books to me. And I don't just mean when we were 8. My sister and I still get together and read books together.

A good book just satisfies a certain part of your brain and heart that nothing else can. It is a great leisure activity. I can't explain the feeling of getting lost in a good novel but I'm sure most of you (hopefully) have felt it before. When I read a book I completely throw myself emotionally in to the story and the characters heads. When the characters are mad, I am mad. The same for when they are sad, happy annoyed, etc. (This is assuming that the author has done their job by making the characters well rounded and easy to relate to.)

 Sometimes though it can be difficult finding a good book. Most times when I read a book it is because it has either been recommended to me, or I have done some googling and research online to find it.  I hardly ever just pick up a book off the shelf and read it. The reason for this is because, although I have found some good books that way, you often have to go through a lot of mediocre or terrible books to find the few good ones.

For this reason some friends and I created a blog. This blog reviews and discusses good clean books of all different types of genres (Although I admit that most of them are young adult novels.) I know that everyone has their own opinions but this blog can help you to get a better idea about some books that you may be interested in reading without having to worry about if there is anything inappropriate in it.

Help us to promote good clean books by following our blog! And keep reading alive, there is nothing like it. :)

Here is the link:
http://biscuitslibrary.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment