Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My Birthday Week

I had a wonderful birthday week. I didn't really want to have a birthday party this year (because most of the people that I cared about were out of town for my birthday.) The only thing that I really wanted to do was to go see Captain America: The Winter Soldier with my family before they left for California, because Captain america is my favorite (...and it was pretty much destiny that it came out 2 days before my birthday.) Thankfully we were able to go, and it was great. I was sick on my actual birthday so I mostly just stayed in my pajamas all day and watched conference with my brother in law, his family having abandoned him too :)

Later that week I was able to go to California to join my family for my nephew's baptism. It was such a fun trip. We were able to catch an Angels game (which we won!) and go to the beach. But what I really wanted to talk about was my birthday gift.

My parents gave me tickets to go see Les Miserables at the Hale Center Theatre in West Valley. I love plays so much and I love the story and music from Les Miserables. The Hale Center theatre always puts on great productions but this one was exceptional! I wish that I could go see it over and over again. The stage at the West Valley theater is magnificent if you have been there before then you know what I mean, if not, then you will have to go.



Jean Valjean and Javert were so magnificent. Javert was played how is supposed to played (I love the movie but can not stand Russell Crow.) He was powerful, and his death scene was pretty epic!

Valjean's Bring Him Home was probably the best version I have heard of that song. He had an incredible voice and lungs that could hold a note forever!



Overall it was a great birthday.


P.s. Let's not forget about the Captain :)




No comments:

Post a Comment