Wednesday, November 24, 2010

They seek him here, they seek him there....

I went and saw The Scarlet Pimpernel musical, a couple weeks ago, in the Hale Center Theater in Orem. It was amazing! If I could go see it again I would in a heartbeat.

I love the story of The Scarlet Pimpernel. Set in the early stages of the french revolution, The Scarlet Pimpernel is about a group of (20) English aristocrats who begin to smuggle aristocrats out of France to save them from meeting "Madame Guillotine."

What I love about The Scarlet Pimpernel is that it has everything I could want in a story, adventure, romance, humor, all set in a time of terror that really happened.

Read it! Watch the movie ( I like the Leslie Howard 1934 version!) See the play!

For those of you who were not fortunate enough to see the play, here are some pictures :)

Percy/the Scarlet Pimpernel and Marguerite


Marguerite and Chauvelin


Percy and Marguerite



Marguerite and Chauvelin





"Someone has to strike a pose, and bear the weight of well tailored clothes, and that is why the lord created men."





Lady Marguerite Blakeney and Sir Percival Blakeney





No comments:

Post a Comment